Understanding Quran in Arabic – 4 Year Course
- Arabic Grammar
- Morphology (Study of the verb in Arabic)
- Basic Arabic Reader
- Quran translation (word for word, with basic Tafseer and grammatical analysis where necessary)
Selected Surahs are taught during each year, until the entire Quran is completed.
- Naseeha (spiritual advice on practical ways to bring the teachings of Quran and Sunnah into our daily lives)
(These four subjects are divided into modules and are covered within the duration of four years.)
Classes run on Fridays only during the first year.
During the second, third and fourth year of the course, classes are Friday mornings as well as Saturday mornings.
(This extra day assists in ensuring that the entire Quran is covered in due time, InshAllah.)
Fridays: 8.45 a.m. – 11.15 a.m.
Saturdays: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Al Jaamia Masjid, Stegman Road, Claremont.
- Muallima Fadwa Solomon
- Muallima Kareema Jassiem
- Dr Ameera Adam
- Muallima Zulfa Bayat
- Muallima Fatima Karbary
What to Expect
- Lessons that are taught via power point presentation (except when translating from Quran or readers)
- An environment that is inspiring, motivational, tranquil and caters for the needs of women who are unable to have too many additional commitments during the week
- Basic ability to read Quran (students will not be asked to recite in class, this basic ability is required so that they may follow comfortably as the teacher translates and explains the verses).
Further Islamic Studies – 1 Year Course
These classes run on Fridays only.
8.30 a.m. – 11.15 a.m.
Masjid Ghiedmatil Islam, Taronga Road, Rondebosch East.
- Muallima Laylah Khan (Fiqh)
- Moulana Muaadth Allie (Aqeeda)
- Moulana Yunus Keraan (Hadeeth)
- Moulana Yazeed Mohamed (Hadeeth)